This week’s installment.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Live your life while you have it. Life is a splendid gift — there is nothing small about it.” — Florence Nightingale
“A heart that loves is always young.” — Greek proverb
“The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life, acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can do that, and live that way, you are really a wise mine [or woman].” — Euripides
Gratitude list for the week ending April 9
- My sweet daughter, who wanted to do something to help the survivors of the tsunami in Japan. She got three of her friends (and their moms) to help
her hold a bake sale. We made $140 for Save the Children.
- That same daughter, who brought homemade beeswax candles into the living room for us to dance by as a family on Saturday night.
- The Bugapalooza – free event at the CU Natural History Museum, where both kids got to make said beeswax candles. I love the fact that Boulder has so many amazing and educational (and often FREE) events for children.
- Our pediatrician, who is not only a great doctor, she never makes me feel rushed or silly no matter what kinds of questions I ask.
- The Time Warp Trio series by Jon Scieszka. It’s similar to The Magic Tree House but HILARIOUS. Any time you get a 5 year-old boy, an 8 year-old girl and an X year-old mother to belly laugh during a story, you’ve struck gold.
- Laurie – the amazing woman who is helping me declutter the house and get it ready for sale. She loves my kids and my dogs, is meticulous about cleaning, is fascinating to talk to, and is basically my lifeline right now.
- My husband, for understanding without questioning why I needed him to take over with the kids this weekend so I could get a backlog of things accomplished.
- My son, for saying to my daughter, “You are not the boss of my masterpiece.” This was in reference to a lego-building session they had this morning. I should also mention that they started playing BEFORE PHIL AND I WOKE UP!!! They didn’t come get us until they were hungry. 🙂
- The first daffodils popping up in the landscaping bed.
- Receiving the check for the poem I sold (mentioned in last week’s Gratitude Sunday). My first paid piece of freelance writing.
What are you grateful for this week?