Quotes on Gratitude:
“Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy” — Jacques Maritain
“Today a thousand doors of enterprise are open to you, inviting you to useful work. To live at this time is an inestimable privilege, and a sacred obligation devolves upon you to make right use of your opportunities. Today is the day in which to attempt and achieve something worthwhile.” — Grenville Kleiser
“We hope that, when the insects take over the world, they will remember with gratitude how we took them along on all our picnics.” —Bill Vaughn (Because we had ants in our house this week)
Gratitude List for the week ending April 11th
- Getting one of my manuscripts submitted on time for a workshop. I can’t say it’s finished (they never are), but it was a big accomplishment to get it sent off.
- The tulips are coming, the tulips are coming (on the Pearl Street Mall)!
- A haircut and a trip to the bookstore on the same day
- Finally finishing Wolf Hall, and in time for the book club meeting
- An evening at the library, all to myself, to write.
- Three hours in a cafe, all to myself, to write. (Great writing week for me!)
- Grilled pork chops.
- The first day the kids played outside after school. They rolled around in the mud from the sandbox, got completely soaked and dirty, and had the time of their lives!
- Phil was home all week
- Kids making fruit salad together
What are you grateful for this week?